Chinese New Year is about a lot of things but the bit I am most interested in is the feasting. House hopping and eating during this holiday is part of the fun and Woky Ko at Cargo is bringing back that slice of the action to Bristol on Friday 16th, the year of the dog.
Teaming up with some of the best traders in the area, they’re offering the public a chance to try some Chinese inspired one-off dishes whilst serving Korean Fried Chicken and Freakshakes from their front seating area. Also getting in on the action are;
- Berthas: Szechuan pepper & orange gelato, Tuesday 13th – Sunday 18th February
- Box-E: cured salmon, pickled ginger, sesame and seaweed, Friday 16th & Saturday 17th February
- Cargo Cantina: Kung Pao Chicken Tostada w/ Sichuan and Habanero, Monday 12th – Saturday 17th February
- CUPP, Tuesday 13th – Saturday 17th February:
- Meal Deal available all day – £6 Veg/Vegan. £8 Meaty (choose one of the bubble teas below and one of the noodles) 2 for £5 Bubble Teas – 4 – 7pm
- Pickled Brisket: Kimchi Rueben & Kimchi Grilled Cheese, Wednesday 14th – Sunday 18th February
- Root: crispy oyster and sweet chilli, Monday 12th – Saturday 17th February
- Salt & Malt: Crispy Fried Monkfish Cheeks, Sticky Asian Sauce & Sesame, Monday 12th – Sunday 18th
- Squeezed: Big Trouble in Little China burger (beef patty, oyster ketchup, ginger buttered Chinese greens, hot you more aioli and a prawn cracker), Friday 16th February ONLY
There will also be red envelopes of good fortune, lanterns adorning the Gaol Ferry Steps, traditional music, and the University of Bristol Lion Dance troupe plus drummers at 6.30pm.
Keep an eye on Woky Ko’s twitter feed for more news and head down to grab your taste of the celebrations!