Apparently it’s Christmas time which everyone knows is about eating good food, drinking good booze and pretending we like our fellow wo/man. Over the next few weeks I will be picking some of my favorite dishes to serve on the grand day itself starting off with one of my favorite cocktails.
I first tried this cocktail on a night out when i first moved to Bristol and have been obsessed with it ever since. It’s not the easiest to find the ingredients for but well worth tracking down if you can. Otherwise you can prepare for the holidays and make everything in advance…yeah it’s all about the homemade flavoured vodka! I also named my stage name after this drink so it is a little close to my liquored up heart.
Don’t get thinking this is only for Christmas! This refreshing, sweet yet fresh drink is perfect for summer BBQ’s especially when you track down some super fresh raspberries!
The Scarlett Miss Charlotte
- 3 fluid ounces raspberry vodka (If you can’t find it make your own, recipe found here http://www.rosalilium.com/2011/10/diy-how-to-make-raspberry-vodka/)
- 25 ml raspberry Schnapps (techinee) or use grenadine if you can’t find it
- 3 fluid ounces raspberry puree (Again you make this yourself buy cooking down and straining a bunch of raspberries)
- 2 limes, squeezed
- soda water, to top up
- garnish with lime wedge
How to make;
- half fill a 14 oz glass with ice and pour over vodka, schnapps and squeeze in lime juice and raspberry puree.
- if using a tumbler put the larger half of the cocktail shaker on the top of the glass tumbler hold tight and shake until their is condensation on outside of the cocktail shaker.
- tap cocktail shaker gently on a surface to release glass and pour from cocktail shaker back into tumbler.
- top up with soda water and garnish with whole lime.
It’s that easy!
It should look a little something like this…